In short, CSI Perform3D is software for non-linear analysis of earthquake-resistant building structures, this software is produced by Computers and Structures, which works in the field of designing software related to earthquakes and structures. According to the old seismic regulations, earthquake-resistant structures are based on force and resistance using linear elastic analysis, but since in strong earthquakes, non-elastic functions are usually used, this old point of view cannot be very logical, that’s why the new regulations for the resistance of structures Turning to a displacement-based approach.
The displacement-based design has realized that in strong earthquakes, the deformation of inelastic structures is much more important than the strength and power parameters. Perform3D is also software that allows you to design earthquake-resistant structures based on a displacement approach.
Although this software complies with the ASCE 41 Code for Building Improvement, it does not mean that it is limited to this code. Perform 3D is an all-in-one software for designing displacement-based structures. This software has powerful capabilities for inelastic or hard analysis.
If you don’t know how your structure behaves against strong earthquakes, Perform 3D may be able to help you identify the weak points of the structure and guide you to improve the design. Of course, keep in mind that this software is not designed for you to arrive at a design through analysis, this software is a powerful tool for implementing plans based on displacement and making maximum use of the structure’s capacities, and ultimately it will help you to have a better design, but this software It will never engineer for you.
Features and Specification of CSI Perform3D software:
- Benefiting from various elements and components such as beams, columns, shear walls, etc.
- Designing elements using different components
- The possibility of displaying the framework of our building based on the beams and columns between them
- Support for all kinds of analyzes such as calculation of effective mass, static pressures, etc.
- Results processing and structure evaluation
- Performance evaluation tools
- Ability to import/export from/to SAP2000 and ETABS
- And …
System Requirements CSI Perform3D
- Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64
- Recommended: 9th generation Intel Core i5/i7/i9, AMD Ryzen 5/7/9 with Zen 2 architecture, or better desktop CPU
- A 64-bit CPU is required
- Microsoft® Windows 8.1 or Microsoft® Windows 10
- 64-bit processor
- Minimum: Supporting 1080p (1920×1080) resolution and 16 bits colors for standard (GDI+) graphics mode
- Recommended: Discrete video card with NVIDIA GPU or equivalent
- For better graphics quality in terms of anti-aliasing and line thickness, the device raster drawing capabilities should support legacy depth bias.
- Minimum: 8 GB RAM
- The problem size that can be solved and the speeds for solution & response recovery increase considerably with more RAM.
- 6 GB to install the software.
- Additional space will be required for running and storing model files and analysis results, depending on the size of the models
- Recommended: 500GB or larger PCIe Solid State Drive (SSD). External and network drives are not recommended.
CSI Perform3D images
CSI Perform3D Installation guide
It is given in the Readme file in the Crack folder.